dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 12, 2006

bad Kitty

I was stepping out the door for choir practice but saw that Kitty had left us an unwanted gift on the mat. I yelled, "Something dead!" and pointed.

"What?" Erik asked. Then he saw the rat with its claws, open eyes, long tail. I had run away from the door.

"Can you go around it?" he asked, and I did, with much effort, and I went to choir practice. I was a little late.

So Erik got major points with bonus points for getting rid of that dead rat, and he had to wash his shoes because they were by where the dead rat was.

The other excitement of the day is--do you remember those creeps who were living in the Dairy Queen parking lot for a month? They left. Let's hope they never come back. They woke us up at 4 in the morning with some weird sounds: I guess those were the sounds of them leaving.

We have run errands, and Erik's going hiking tomorrow with Tom again. I spent about ten bucks on postcards, but they should last a long time, and they had some beautiful ones of San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in addition to Sacramento, Old Town Sacramento, and the capital building.

Eating cherries Mom gave me which are not sweet but still good cherries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home