dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, September 30, 2006

durga puja


This morning we're having a breakfast dish previously unbeknownst to man: soy chorizo and eggs with cauliflour. It's tasty. Necessity has been the mother of invention since we have no tortillas or bread for toast, so the veggie is being the carbohydrate for us. Thanks, veggie.

Yesterday morning we weeded at Vedanta with P, which I thought was really fun, in the way it's so good to be outside doing work with the earth in the chilly morning, but Erik didn't enjoy it as much as I did. He's been a little bit cranky. I remember how dirt can smell.

Last night was Durga Puja, and it was beautiful. The choir was strong. I carried the ungainly lamp to and from the library, and afterwards was hungry for my samosa and snacks.

2 Comments:

  • At October 01, 2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love soy chorizo...almost as much as non-soy chorizo. Have you tried the soy chorizo taquitos from Trader Joes? It's the perfect junk food thing. The cauliflower is a nice twist on your breakfast...I'll have to try it.

     
  • At October 01, 2006 10:13 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Dear R,

    Yes, we have enjoyed those soy chorizo taquitos!

    We had califlower this morning too even though we have bread now. I made scrambled eggs with garlic and califlower and then cheese on top like an omelette but without the tricks.

    If you are the R I think you are, then you can't have cheese, but I tell you just the same.

    love,
    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home