dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

days are real

Today I got a zine in the mail Conscious Defect #4 from someone in Santa Cruz, and something from a different Santa Cruz zinester who makes my favorite zine Return the Gift.

So it was a good mail day. Also, I went to my friend P's house in the afternoon. We worked on her puzzle, and her friend SHH came to practice piano, so we listened to that for an hour.

Tomorrow we're going to finish the Shiva mound. Swami said he wants the groundcover to go all the way down to the path. Third time's the charm. I'm getting handy with a shovel.

Erik hiked with T again today, this time near Pt Reyes. Home safe and sound, looking at his gorgeous photos.

My special someone called, and we talked for a good hour: a trip she took to see a castle and elephant seals, new friends mentioned, Spanish class, mental health progress--just talking. I know sometimes the questions are less important than just hearing one another's voices. It's a visit, since we can't be together in person. I feel safe and supported.

My dear S has gone four days without smoking, and I feel so proud of him. Even if he doesn't maintain his quittage, these four days are real, and no one can take them away from him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home