dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, May 03, 2007

my favorite Sufjan Stevens songs today

1. Sister Winter
2. Chicago (multiple personality, adult contemporary, or regular version)
3. Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
4. The Dress Looks Nice On You
5. The Transfiguration

Today I worked a shift at the bookstore other than the usual, and I had zero customers. It was cloudy and cool. I picked up a dead bug and put it outside. I washed my grapes in the drinking fountain outside too.

I listened to religious music, including #5 from above. I say #4 is religious too. (But he's always religious, as far as I'm concerned.)

I wrote three letters during those three hours, and they all kick ass, on the short side, which gives them an extra something.

I get zines in the mail almost every day. Yesterday I got the new 398. Today I got Echo Echo. I do a lot of trades, and I have good zine friends who keep me on their mailing lists.

Last night at the puja my friend J gave me two hair clips that are made of metal--I think pewter--of a style I have never used, but I've seen them in my niece's hair, and I better start knowing how to use them, because I want J to see that I appreciate her gift.

Now I smell like incense--the bookstore has strong incense--and had an early dinner of rice and hummus already.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home