dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

myself

This morning, gardening with P, we worked on the Shiva mound. I pulled weeds. I hacked down new growth from old stumps and applied herbicide to the stubs, something I had never done before. I picked up Oregon grape branches P had pruned off and loaded them into a large cart and hauled them to the dumping ground.

Today I don't know if it hit 109, but the heat was bad. Tomorrow's supposed to hit 111, and Erik is hiking with T and P--not the P I garden with, but male P, the tall oral historian I proofread manuscripts for. They're going up near Wright's Lake in the Sierras.

The air here is pretty bad, more smoke, and the sky right now is a dull grayish pink. I like that it's dusk. I like less daylight. I know most people are the opposite, but I feel more myself at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home