dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, June 05, 2009

botanic gardens, Little Farm, smashing a bottle of wine, losing the bone folder and special scissiors

Yesterday we went to Berkeley after Erik took the flat tire to be fixed. The drive was fine. I packed a lunch so we could save thirty bucks. (I have been craving sushi for a long time, but alas.) First we went to Acme. I got a cinnamon swirl for me, a chocolate bread for Erik, and a pain au levain for both of us. Then we went to Copy World. I made 70 copies of Erik and LM Magazine #45, just enough for friends and family and a few left over. Then we went to the UC botanic garden. First Thursday of the month is free day, but we paid three dollars to park. Erik's knee has been hurting, so we only paid for two hours. I will post pictures later. Then we went into Tilden Park, to the botanic garden there. It's all California native plants. We enjoyed walking around and taking pictures, but I got exhausted. Then we went to House of Curries for dinner. The bangain bartha and paneer tikka masala and rice and rotis were all great. Then we came home. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it was. Oh, I forgot to saw we went to Little Farm within Tilden Park and I got to visit with some animals, including goats. When we got home, I went directly to bed.

This morning we went to Morse park to walk and then Whole Foods so I could get something to bring to samiti tonight (coconut date rolls), and the sleeve of my shirt got caught on a bottle of wine as I turned a corner, and it smashed on the floor. I felt so embarrassed and bad, but the worker reassured me that it happens three times a day.

Now I've collated the new zine but can't find my bone folder or special scissors, so I think I'm going to use the back of a spoon as a folder (a trick my best friend E taught me) and use regular scissors for the string. Oh, but I'll need to find my awl too, and that's with the bone folder and special scissors. Why oh why can't I find them?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home