dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Crocker and capitol

This morning we went to the Crocker and to the capitol. At the Crocker we saw the exhibition by Parrish that's going on right now. Sunday mornings are free. I enjoyed about half of the art I saw and found the other half to be pretty hokey, but it was all interesting cultural information. I liked the ad art best, not the landscapes, and not the "girl on a rock" prints. The one I show here is an example of something I don't like. I enjoyed his use of black and white, and I liked the pictures of cooks, and I liked the weird-looking men with big noses.

The capitol has less to see than I expected. We liked the architecture, and it was cool to go to the gallery and see where the state assembly assembles. We liked looking at Jerry Brown's painting, as we were instructed to do by our friend P. I hadn't been there since eighth grade. So it was nice to just see it. We got really hungry and ate dried mango slices as we walked back to the car. Noticed we were parked right near Gaylord's Indian food restaurant and thought about going in for lunch but decided to save the money for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home