dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 04, 2009

the fantastic story of my megaphonic day

This morning we went to McKinley Park where Erik ran and I walked then read The Complete Persepolis. I'm almost finished with it. I was kind of afraid of the creepy guy who kept hitting on me a few weeks ago, but there was no sign of him. I had an edifying morning.

Then in the afternoon I worked. I transcribed for a few hours. Hopefully I'm getting faster. I just got off the phone with my boss P. He said over email that he lost a long email to me, so I was worried about what it might have said, so I called him, but it was no business, all pleasure. He's trying to get me and Erik to become nature volunteers at the Cosumnes River Preserve. I think it's very kind of him to think of us, but I don't believe I'm interested in making a commitment like that. The training is five or six consecutive Saturdays, which is impossible for us because of our work schedule. He also talked to me about a movie he might make, and about the pain he's been having since he got a tooth pulled.

Erik's been writing a lot. Sitting, writing, and yoga or running every day. Vacation life. It will all end soon. He's working outside the home scoring CBEST Tuesday through Friday and then SAT scoring starts again the 15th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home