dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 27, 2009

feast

Yesterday we ate broccoli, cauliflower, Brusseles sprouts, Yorshire pudding, stuffing, bread, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, and corn bread. Baby carrots, olives, sparkling cider. It was a lot of cooking. My parents had turkey, gravy, and ham too. Oh, and there was pumpkin pie after. The pumpkin pie was from the store. We made a chery pie ourselves, but I didn't have any. I actually don't like cherry pie too much, but the pastry looked very pretty. I sculpted two cherries with stems and a leaf for the top. And my mom made a latice.

Before that, in the morning, my parents had their traditional sausage rolls, which are pork sausages rolled up in pastry and baked. For the first time, my mom and I experimented with making veggie rolls for me and Erik. We put asparagus in some and mushrooms in some. Both were very good, but we liked the mushroom ones better.

This morning we had fry-ups for breakfast. As usual, the TV has been on a lot--I've seen a lot of news, some Mythbusters, some National Geographic shows, and bits of Matrix movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home