dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 14, 2010

this one's going out to all the lovebirds out there

Friday night I skipped Shiva puja and went with Erik to his best friend's art opening. It was Valentine's Day-themed. It was kind of fun. It was our second time at this place for an art opening, and I'm getting to like it.

A little boy tried to teach us greater than, less than equations at the white board in the food room. He was super-cute. "You're just in time for the lesson!" he said when we walked in. T told us about the roller derby.

Then we went to our favorite cafe. I finished Blankets. It was very quiet there. Perfect for reading. We sat on the couch.

Yesterday we ran errands. We went to Target for a mop, and we ended up getting new headphones too. Mine were falling apart. The black spongy ear things were ripped and would fall off sometimes, and the headband had become so loose that the headphones would slip off my head. So it was time. My new ones were only seven bucks and are really great.

Today I slept in, which felt luxurious. For breakfast I ate a leftover sweet potato biscuit and some plain soy yogurt--plain is my favorite flavor because it's not too sweet. The brand of soy yogurt I like is on sale at the co-op.

And today I finally figured out how to print the new cookzine's pages. Took me a while! But then I ran out of ink. So we need to go to the office supply store.

This afternoon I'm helping P do bulletins, which is unusual for a Sunday. Tomorrow's a holiday, so we don't want to go to Berkeley. We like the parks and botanic garden to be all abandoned for us.

Well, happy Valentine's Day to all the lovebirds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home