dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, March 05, 2010

friend

Yesterday, what did we do? Oh, we went to the park in the morning and wrote there before Erik ran and I walked.

In the afternoon, my friend K came to see me. We went to my place of worship, and I gave her the grand tour. It was fun to show her around and show her the harmonium. She played the first few notes of "Ode to Joy." We smelled cherry blossoms, and we looked at statues and the brown pods of dead lotus flowers. And we smelled the leaves of a chocolate mint plant. Then we walked a little in the nearby neighborhood and spoke of Burning Man. We saw a tulip magnolia tree with white flowers instead of pink, which made her happy.

Then we went to Whole Foods and looked at things. She bought some vegan cheese. It was fun.

I gave her a vegan cookzine and stuff to deliver to two other friends. She invited me to birthday festivities on Saturday, including a visit to a special Easy Bay restaurant for vegan Cajun soul food! I was really interested, but when I got home I remembered I have a board meeting tomorrow, so I can't go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home