dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, March 26, 2010

new journal etc

Today Erik was working outside the home, so it was quiet around here. I scored SAT, washed dishes, wrote three poems in the series I'm working on (two of which I like), reread the whole functionally ill 7 and decided I like it all and the order is okay, spoke with Erik on the phone at lunchtime, and checked the mail. He got off work early, so soon we'll go to the park.

Also I listened to Andrew Jackson Jihad songs over and over again. I used to like only two, "Unicron" and "Power Plant," but now I like them all.

I started a new journal. My brown one was filled. I will miss it. I always have journal starting from the front and notes and stuff starting in the back. The back always gets some important info in it. The brown one in the back has a list of my whole zine mailing list, which has a lot of overlap with my Christmas card list.... It also has phone call notes. When I'm going to make a phone call I'm nervous about, I make notes about what I want to say and ideas for what to bring up in silences. When a friend was in the hospital I called her every few days, and there's a bunch of notes for phone calls to her.

Anyway, the new journal is blue with silver little vine things all over it. The paper is white and blank, of course--I require no lines. I don't know how I feel about the white yet, but we'll see. Hopefully it's thick enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home