dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 03, 2010

computer, crown

Erik's computer is really, really crashy. It was never too stable to begin with. But it's really bad now. We're thinking about getting him a new computer before work starts up again. "Do you want to go to Fry's?" I asked. "It's just $500," I said.

"We don't spend that kind of money around here," he said.

"I need a crown too," I said. "Last night I was sleep thinking about that. Do you remember the other night when I decided I was going to make myself a necklace out of dried peas? That was sleep thinking. Do you do that?"

"No, I don't do that," Erik said. I decided it would be best for me to get my crown at my regular dentist because he did a perfect job with the last one. Maybe it's worth it.

2 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2010 12:45 AM, Anonymous Arun said…

    I'm thinking of getting rid of my Dell laptop, circa 2005, with 512MB RAM and 40GB HDD for free (because, that laptop is not worth a penny in the second hand market.) Which does not mean that it is not functioning. It is a bit slow and it has had its own bouts of viruses and malwares, but it is functioning. Maybe Erik would like to give that a shot? I mean, if he is not using any CPU intensive applications, 512 MB RAM might work for him.

     
  • At October 04, 2010 2:06 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Arun, thanks so much for your offer. We would love to have this computer, and I've emailed you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home