dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 25, 2010

madrone vs strawberry tree

One of yesterday's moments was when we were looking at a tree, trying to figure out what it was, in Tilden Park. We instantly thought it was a madrone. But I had seen little tree strawberries on the ground and had said, "There's a strawberry tree here somewhere," and we realized the tree strawberries had come from what we thought was the madrone tree. So then we thought it was a strawberry tree. But what would a strawberry tree be doing out in the middle of Tilden Park? It was a mystery until we got home and I looked up strawberry trees and madrone trees and found out their both Arbutus! So they're very related. That explains it.

Also we went to Halfprice Books where I got a new Virginia Woolf book Night and Day which I had never heard of and Erik got a guide to local butterflies. We also had Indian-Pakistani food and went to a cafe I like and Erik doesn't like. I'm liking Night and Day so far and don't know why it's not famous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home