dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

great mail day

Today we're home from a weekend away. We're having oatmeal for dinner. I got some fantastic mail.

1. Postcard from someone I thought didn't like me anymore--I thought I'd offended her and am completely delighted that I didn't. She says sorry but I can't write back because she doesn't have an address right now.

2. Postcard from someone I thought didn't like me very much, but she's very sweet to have written me from Kansas and wishes me well with a benevolent smiley face.

3. Madmap and letter from one of my favorite people. Hi, A! if you're reading. And thank you.

4. Baby announcement from Erik's best friend T.

A bouquet of five mylar balloons is tangled up in the phone lines near the telephone pole, and Erik's concerned they'll scare away birds.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home