dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

welcome home, me

Well, I'm home. I left Santa Maria on an Amtrak bus at 7:05 this morning and pulled into the Sacramento Amtrak station at around 3:20. Erik picked me up, and we went to Thai food. The truck is having trouble starting, though once it starts it runs fine. This disturbs me. There's a lot of crap to take care of tomorrow morning, like a search for a lost prescription, paying for a lost cd at the library, and trying to figure out where the coolant tank is in the car and seeing whether it's empty, which might explain why the car's engine is getting so very hot according to the gauge? If we can't figure that out, we need to get the car towed to the mechanic so it can be hopefully fixed. Or fixed, hopefully. I am feeling overwhelmed by mail and email. I haven't opened it all yet, not by a long shot. So goodnight, world, and I will persevere tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At September 04, 2011 2:25 AM, Blogger Hethre said…

    I found out recently by experience that even though your car's manual (or another person) may advise you to put the coolant into the overflow reservoir, sometimes the radiator itself will freak out and overheat if there is no coolant in there. So check both, and fill the radiator first if there is none in there. Don't forget to dilute the coolant, unless you bought the pre-diluted kind. :)

     
  • At September 05, 2011 11:52 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for the tips! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home