dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 06, 2012

HH

Wednesday we saw Hardtraveling Hero, a friend from the east coast. We went to a farm near Davis to pick up his ebay win of Lego. Agitated turkeys approached us, the male all puffed up with his feathers out. They gobbled at us and moved closer. I was afraid they'd peck. Eventually we escaped.

Then we had Mexican food at a place we'd never been before. Hardtraveling Hero had all different types of tacos, including cheek and tripe. Then we went to my favorite park and walked around. I read Hardtraveling Hero's postcards, including the ones from Roswell, New Mexico with kitschy aliens. Then we went to the post office where he sent postcards, including the postcard addressed to me, the one I wasn't allowed to see at the park.

It was really exhausting and I went to bed early that night, like 7:30, despite neighbor noises. We have a white noise machine.

2 Comments:

  • At January 07, 2012 11:45 AM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    Yay!

    I didn't realize the day was so exhausting for you. We could have ended our time together sooner.

    Thank you for lunch and for the gifts. I can't wait to listen to the CD when we get on the road again and when I can finish composing your two or more mix CDs.

    I will also send you the pictures when I get some wireless. The turkeys and chickens were really cool if a bit scary.

    Did the postcard for you arrive yet?

     
  • At January 11, 2012 10:58 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yeah, I want to see the fowl. Yeah, I got the postcard--thanks! Yeah, being social knocks me out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home