dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

LA Zine Fest

Two days ago Erik and I attended the LA Zine Fest. We arrived in downtown LA right before 11, got a little bit lost, got found, and parked! The Last Bookstore seems fantastic.

I was really impressed with the quality of the zines. I wanted to buy much of what I saw. I traded with a few people, which was great, and bought maybe seven inexpensive zines. I also got some free things like stickers and postcards and a small button badge that says Up For Trades which I wore.

I met four friends for the first time. I was very excited to meet Carrie McNinch, who makes the famous daily comics zine You Don't Get There From Here. It was amazing to meet someone in person who I had known for years through her comics, and it was like talking to an old friend.

I am so lucky to belong to such a vibrant community.

1 Comments:

  • At March 25, 2012 8:54 PM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    This sounds like it was a lot of fun. Perhaps one day I'll make it there or to the SF zine/small press fest. APE?

    Were there many comics (zines) at the fest?

    Could you take a photo or photos of all your acquisitions to show us?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home