dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, March 09, 2012

miner's lettuce


Yesterday we visited Sebastopol and Armstrong Redwoods State Park. In Sebastopol we went to Luther Burbank's experimental garden. Here are a few pictures.

I had been wanting to visit Sebastopol for a long time. I had been curious about the Russian River. Yesterday we wanted to try a Gravenstein apple, but they're not in season, and we didn't come across one.

We ate at this amazing restaurant called Peter Lowell's. I had a macro bowl with lemon tahini dressing and tempeh. Erik had the anti pasti platter. The mustard greens pesto was the best! I loved the way they treated us--so respectfully but not obsequious and not smarmy. And it was kind of expensive but not so expensive I felt bad about it. Overall, it was one of the best restaurant meals of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home