dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, May 24, 2012

list

There are so many things I could tell you about.

--eating Cherry Garcia icecream at the garden with chopsticks
--eating ube icecream at Thai Basil after sharing some red curry (the ube icecream a vibrant purple)
--getting maps of Sacramento and Berkeley at AAA from a free map vending machine
--visiting Great Escape Games to pick up SacGeeks playing cards and seeing the amazing gaming space there and daydreaming about having a zine workshop there or an Icarus meeting there
--admiring M's awesome navigational skills
--paying a huge cashiers check for my new apartment which I will be moving into in just more than a week--yikes!
--cleaning / sorting / packing / gathering stuff for Goodwill / throwing stuff away (which is all emotional work in addition to other kinds of work)
--writing two new zines
--a fun lunch with friends at Loving Hut
--so many sweet emails and phonecalls
--not being online much
--the cats and dogs where I'm couchsurfing
--couchsurfing
--cornmeal pancakes with loquat sauce as imagined
--the metal horse outside Safeway
--being aware of time
--grieving
--daydreaming about my new neighborhood
--visiting the co-op
--the pain in my upper back
--using other people's computers
--blueberries from Insight Coffee
--romance, conflict, adventure

2 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2012 9:13 AM, Anonymous Jen H. said…

    Oh my gosh, LM! What an exciting life you have!! I can't believe you're moving! That's great, right? It sure sounds like you're really making the most of it all! We'll be thinking continued-happiness thoughts for you guys!

     
  • At June 01, 2012 10:53 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for the good thoughts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home