dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pancake Circus on Halloween

Today we went to Pancake Circus.  I was creeped out by all the clownage.  But I had passed by so many times, and finally I ate there!  I told Ming as he paid the bill, "I feel like a real Sacramentan now."  I also told him how I expected it to be hipsterish or somehow tongue-in-cheek.  But it's just a diner.

And we shopped for stuff, like office supplies and chonies and organizational supplies.  We got some plastic shoeboxes, for example.  And six by nine envelopes for sending zines, and a wrist rest filled with little beads like a long beanbag. 

Tonight we're handing out dollar store candy to any Oak Park trick-or-treaters and watching Labyrinth.  Seems appropriate with David Bowie's little monsters, the drug-induced costume ball, and the biting fairies and everything.  Ming's never seen it.  It will be about my 20th time.

So happy Halloween to all you friends out there who I know and who I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home