dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 03, 2012

wind

We were in Las Vegas for a week.  Before that we were in Santa Maria for Thanksgiving.  As of twenty minutes ago, we're home.

1.  I was making soup from a mix.  It said to simmer it for two hours.  I was in the office on the computer, and when I came back to the kitchen, the wind had blown the door open and blown the flame out on the stove, so my soup wasn't simmering.

2.  We were hiking in the Mojave desert, from a road up toward the mountains, and we were on a trail.  Wind blew all around.  Suddenly I saw a small tornado coming toward us.  "It's coming toward us!" I said.  And then it hit us.  The wind was terrific, and grit was abrasive on my face.  I closed my eyes and leaned toward Ming for shelter. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home