dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, February 08, 2014

arts

Yesterday we walked to the nearest library and there was an art exhibit of beautiful photos.  They were from a long time ago.  All the people in the photos were Black.  I think they all were barefooted too.  They were some of the best photos I've ever seen.  I signed the guestbook. 

Today is our board meeting.  Last night we made dinner for seven people, something I'd never done before.  It turned out okay.  Gardenburgers, pesto pasta salad, potato salad, blueberries.  Lettuce, lotsa condiments.  Nothing special to drink.

Night before last we went to an art opening of some art by Filipino people.  It was good, but the gallery was small.  I liked the sculpture made of old wooden doors.  I was intrigued by the tree branches with white stuff wrapped on them.  I was intrigued by the sculpture in the window, the figure of a man with his pants undone and some swirling light for a head.

I did not fit in.  Other women were in dresses and high heels.  I was in jeans and tennies.  I felt out of place, and we didn't stay long.  But we looked at the whole exhibit.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home