dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 23, 2014

anarchist bookfair and bowling

At the anarchist bookfair, Ming ran into old friends.  Food Not Bombs was serving free food, but we bought some vegan Filipino food.  I'd really wanted vegan lumpia, but they ran out right before I ordered.  We had pansit instead, and it was salty and delicious.

Right across the street from the Crucible, where the anarchist bookfair was, the sidewalk was covered with scattered safety glass.  So many car break-ins.  I felt like the glass was a warning, but people were still parked there.  I actually know someone who traveled to the Crucible for a class and had his truck broken into, stuff stolen.  I wonder if the glass was there then and he missed it.

We went to a talk on the Commons and a talk on self-care.

Then today we went to Davis with friends to bowl.  It was pretty cheap, on campus.  I don't bowl, but I watched supportively.  I also played a game of Bust-a-Move, my favorite video game, in the arcade.  But then we left, and I still have four tokens--I should have given them to someone.

The bowling alley, it was like they were intentionally trying to over stimulate everyone.  Loud music, loud bowling sounds, flashing lights!  I did a great job not losing my shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home