dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 02, 2014

kalamta olive tapenade

This morning after some research done yesterday I made some kalamata olive tapenade.  It's a simplified version with olives, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice.  It's really good.  I had only eaten tapenade from a jar, before. 

Those were all ingredients I had--I didn't want to go out and buy capers.  And I didn't want to use anchovies, obviously.

I didn't want to use the blender we're permanently borrowing from a friend, so I used a potato masher.  It worked to crush the olives.  I used a garlic press on the garlic.  Anyway, great.

1 cup of kalamata olives, pitted
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice

Make things into a paste or chunky paste however you see fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home