dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, March 10, 2014

strangely

Today we went to two thrift stores.  I need some shirts that are colorful.  If I have to wear gray or brown one more time, I'm going to puke!

We looked at the mugs.  I have been wanting a Spudnuts mug, which is a long story. *

Strangely, there was a mug with trilobites on it.  Weird, huh?  It had three trilobites on it.  That being Ming's favorite animal, I thought he would want the mug.  But even more strangely, he did not.

*  When I was an undergrad, one of my professors bribed us that if we finished the heavy tome she'd assigned, she would buy us these plastic Spudnuts mugs.  They were yellow, brown, and white.  I earned one, to my great joy.

But a move later, it was lost.  Since then I have yearned for one, and this morning I woke up wanting one bad.  So we went to the Spudnuts in Sacramento with the wild hope of finding a Spudnuts mug to no avail.  I think I'll look on ebay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home