dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 24, 2014

from Mammoth Lakes

Gmorning, friends.  Ming and I stopped at this cafe I'm nostalgic about in Mammoth Lakes.  I wanted a decaf mocha with a shot of almond syrup.  It was delicious.  This is a cool cafe because they sell crocheted hats too.  And yarn.

Last night we camped near Bishop on our way home.  It was a miserable night of sleeplessness for me, but I did sleep a little, and I woke up happy.  It was a beautiful morning.  We looked at the sunrise sunlight on Mt Tom.

Yesterday we drove from Las Vegas to Bishop a different route than I had ever taken.  It was very tense because of steep grades and almost no other people and lack of cellphone reception.  If we had broken down, we would have been screwed.

Now we're off to Mono Lake!  And home where I'll pick up a much-needed prescription and hopefully we'll get the mail.  Mega mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home