dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

vegan linguini with creamy walnut sauce

This is my dream pasta recipe.  I love it.  I made it this afternoon, based on a recipe I found online, but I changed it a little.  First off, I wanted to try it with the walnuts plain, not roasted.  Next time, I'll roast them and try it that way.  Also, my blender kind of sucks, and / or I didn't blend the soymilk and walnuts together long enough.  So the mixture was still chunky.  Also, I didn't add salt with the onions because Better Than Bouillon is so salty.  Also, I left out the parsley.  Also, I used linguini instead of fettuccine.   But otherwise, it's similar to this recipe.  http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1027365/vegan-fettuccine-with-creamy-walnut-sauce-recipe

1/2 cup soymilk
3/4 cup walnut bits
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 an onion chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
1 cup water
8 oz linguini

Blend 1/2 cup walnuts with soymilk in a blender.  Set aside.

Boil a pot of water.

In a different pan, saute the onions in olive oil with the pepper until onion is clear.  Add the garlic and saute another minute.  Add the Better Than Bouillon--stir.  Add a cup of water.  Stir and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced.

Add a little salt to your pot of boiling water and add 8 oz of linguini.  Cook according to package directions, tasting it to see when it's done.  Drain it.

Whisk the walnut-soymilk mixture into the onion mixture and turn the heat down.

Add the pasta to the sauce.  Stir well.

Dish onto plates and sprinkle with the rest of the walnut bits, a little salt, and more pepper if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home