dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Grass Valley

Today we went to Grass Valley to visit Animal Place, this vegan animal sanctuary.  It was fun to see the animals but a little depressing to read the signage about how animals are abused at most farms.  The veal cage was pretty depressing too.

I am intimidated by pigs.  We saw turkeys doing some interesting behaviors.  I liked the distant cows.  One of the sheep was breathing funny.  The bunnies were all hiding.

Then we went to lunch at South Pine and it was okay.  Then we went to the library.  It was hard to park.

After the library Ming read out loud to me the novel we're reading The Professor's House.  I don't like any of the characters are am pretty fed up with the book.  We're more than halfway through now.  I might bail.

Then we drove through Nevada City but didn't stop.  I was pooped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home