dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 26, 2014

seeds

I thought of something I wanted to blog and then forgot it.  Ming's out harvesting sunflower seeds.  They're little.  Maybe we'll plant them in Las Vegas in the spring.  He says he can't get the seeds without the chaff.  I said we can plant the chaff with the seeds.  But maybe we could sort it out.

One of the things I remember from reading the Bible as a child is this verse where something's compared to the chaff that the wind blows away.  I remember at school we talked about winnowing.  I was very curious.

I wish I went to a school where we did more cool things.  Like grow gardens.

Bed six has been overtaken by grass.  The lemon verbena and rosemary are well.  The walking onions are okay.  The tree collard is quite dead.  I want to pull the grass and plant oregano seeds.  Or something cold weather that's not cruciferous. 

But do I have the energy?  Not really.  The rain yesterday was fantastic but no more in sight.

1 Comments:

  • At September 26, 2014 12:42 PM, Anonymous R said…

    I separate the fluffy white stuff from the lettuce seeds by blowing on it. I kind of toss them gently on a plate and blow across the surface. I don't know if that would work for sunflower seeds, but it's worth a try. It's not the most efficient method, but it works okay.

    I hear you about the energy thing. Many a garden dream has been squelched by my energy level.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home