dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 02, 2014

a tale of two eggplants

I bought two eggplants at the farmer's market for making baba ganoush.  But when we got them home, I noticed that one of them smelled like burning plastic.  Wtf.  So I washed it and it still smelled like burning plastic.  So I threw it away.

Then I made baba ganoush with the other one, and it's deee-licious.
 
Wash an eggplant, cut off the cap, and cut it in half.  Microwave it for more than five minutes.  Then let it cool.

Scoop the flesh out of the eggplant.  Put a peeled clove of garlic into the blender with some olive oil.  Put in the flesh of the eggplant.  Put in some salt, some smoked paprika, and some tahini.  The juice of half a lemon. 

Blend until it's smooth or leave it chunky if you prefer.  The blender couldn't handle our garlic clove, so I should have pressed it.  But maybe your blender is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home