dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 01, 2015

holiday letter to you you you

Dear world,

Good morning.  I'm wishing everyone a bright and beautiful new year.  2014 was my best year yet.  I have high hopes for 2015. 

Here there were midnight fireworks to mark the new year.  I feel under-prepared for 2015 as if it was a camping trip and I forgot my sleeping pad.  It's uncomfortable.  But I hope I get used to the hard ground under my hips. 

That was a silly extended simile.  Thanks for bearing with me.

Yesterday we spent in Berkeley.  We went to see Ming's kids and make photocopies.  We also got boba and walked a little ways on the pier.

Discussed whether Paul Baribeau's "Boys Like Me" is self-indulgent and other great questions.

Now I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens Christmas music and enjoying life. 

Some highlights of 2014.

--the ceremony of Ming and Laura-Marie in the desert April 18th
--the reception May 3rd in Sacramento 
--all of Sacred Peace Walk 2014
--heard good music
--enjoyed seeing relatives
--said goodbye to BOB and got the spiffy Echo
--enjoyed therapy
--read some good books
--made some good zines
--enjoyed the library convention where we tabled at the zine pavilion
--strengthened friendships and made new friends
--writers group
--serving with Catholic Worker in Las Vegas
--wrote some good letters
--blogged almost every day
--strengthened and became more myself
--my birthday

The list could be almost endless.

Thanks for your love, readers known and unknown.

always your Laura-Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home