dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

cookies

This morning we walked at 5:30 am and it was already 95 degrees out.  Is that even possible?  Was my phone lying to me?

Then later we went to a peace vigil / rally.  We held signs and chanted.  Some press was there and they didn't interview me, which is good.  I would have said no.

"Do you have a soundbite?" I asked my friend M.

"For the judge?" he asked.

"No, for the press," I said.

He told me he tells them how he's a veteran.  He was drafted in the Korean War, he said.  I like him.  He has a lot of chickens.

Then we went to our favy cafe and I wrote a letter.  The very nice barista gave us a free cookie that she wanted us to try.  It was so chocolately and kind of messy.  I will probably stick with my usual cookie.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home