dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ashland again

Today we survived a long drive south, leaving Olympia behind, maybe forever!

Now we're in Ashland at a cottage owned by a friend's folx.  It's nice and cool in the cottage.

I saw a cat lie on the floor in rectangles of sun.

I heard a friend's dad opine and joke about many things.  I heard the friend's step-mom agree and sympathize.

On the way here we stopped at a botanical garden called Oregon Garden.  We rode a tram with a nice driver who explained things to us.  We were sometimes the only people on the tram.

It was hot.  He told us the popular wedding spots as if we were considering marrying there.  He showed us the resort, which he said's open to anyone, forgetting you have to be rich.

A gardener asked, "How are you two hearty souls?"  I looked at yellow and pink flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home