dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Once, Twice, Seven Times a Werewolf by Half-Handed Cloud

This is one of my favorite songs I have been listening to for a long time.  I wish I could catch the words at the end.  Please feel free to comment with corrections.

Before I go to sleep, 
can I be excused from dreaming?

Before I go to sleep now,
can I get you to promise me that I won't dream?
Last time I dreamt a general, 
because he showed me all his medals 
were kingdoms that a 
stone rolled down a
statue that a
stone broke down.

I threw them in the furnace
because they didn't like my head
that spread throughout the body
everybody's in but four instead.

Oh, oh, oh oh!
Oh, oh, oh, oh!
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!

And so I dreamt another.
Did I mention that I was so far out?
Nobody could interpret
what Daniel said that it's about,
how you could see the 
quiet before
chopping down my 
trunk of tree.

Ten minus three a werewolf
with mud beneath my fingernails.
The what [something]
my kingdom [something] mine will fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home