dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 21, 2016

the anarchist caucus

Last night at a-cafe tons of people showed up.  I shoulda took a picture.  It was advertised on facebook as the anarchist caucus, and I think that excited people.

It was mostly three people talking.  I wanted us to go around introducing ourselves and saying our projects, but that could have taken forever.  I had ready what I was going to say.

I cook for Food Not Bombs twice a month.
I help run Nevada Desert Experience, an interfaith peace organization.
I belong to the Catholic Worker community and volunteer with them.
I run a political prisoner letter writing night that meets every month.
I help organize a monthly vigil at Creech Air Force Base--next one's February 22nd.
I'm trying to start an Icarus Project group here in Las Vegas, which is radical mental health.
We vigil at the federal building every Thursday morning as well.

I realized, no wonder I'm so busy.  And I realized that I do a lot of good work!  I felt happy, looking at that list I wrote down in my journal.

But we left early.  The crosstalk was driving Ming crazy, and we only intended to stay an hour because it's late for us.

This morning we woke up early.  Ming turned on the beans at 4:30.  But then the propane went out, and he had to switch out the empty can for a full one in the shed, by himself, in the dark.  What a winner!  I am very grateful to him...every day.

2 Comments:

  • At February 21, 2016 9:47 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    You and Ming are awesome. :) I keep meaning to email you but have been having a difficult and busy time lately--well, when I email you, finally, I will tell you more. Hugs!

     
  • At February 22, 2016 5:18 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, thanks! You are awesome too! I look forward to your email. Hugs back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home