dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 11, 2018

when it rains it snows

Yesterday I failed to blog, a party foul.  Sorry about that.

In the morning we had a flat tire.  Ming got that all fixed.  Thanks, Ming!

Then we went to A's place to pick him up.  He was asleep.  So it took us more than an hour waiting for him.  We bought donuts and were patient.

Then we went to Ash Meadows.  There were dirt roads.  We visited a visitor's center.

Then we walked on this wooden boardwalk to Crystal Spring.  It was beautiful.  That's an understatement.  I didn't even try to take a picture of it.  We looked at playful pupfish.  We ate cheese sandwiches.

Then we wanted to visit other places but the road was too muddy.  We didn't want to get stuck in our little low clearance Echo.

So then we went to the Goddess Temple when the sun had just gone down.  I sang in the temple as it started to get dark.  Wind was blowing and it got very cold.  I sang my two favorite songs.  Then we just enjoyed the afterglow, clouds pink.

Then we went to A's place and he read to me half a chapter.  We talked to one of his roommates.  He's grown his hair long and it looks pretty.

Something funny happened.  My mom cleaned out her stationery collection and gave me all kinds of cards and paper.  Then my friend J did the same.  Yesterday I got a package in the mail: my friend HW set me a bunch of stationery too.  Holy crap.  When it rains it snows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home