dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, March 05, 2018

citizens of the world

Yesterday was the concert.  The venue was a bit stuffy, but the band is great: Eileen and the In-Betweens.  Ming and I danced in the back the whole time.  I didn't get the chance to say hi to Eileen.

After the concert was dinner at the Catholic Worker.  I socialized a little.  I ate some thrice-baked potatoes and a delicious sliver of lemon pie.  I talked to a German lady who I met a couple years ago and thought I'd never see again.

Night before last was the Radical Mental Health Collective meeting.  There were only three of us.  Some people seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.  I feel discouraged.

Then we went to an open mic at the Pacific Life Community gathering.  There was a cozy atmosphere.  My friend Vera played my favorite song and dedicated it to me, "Citizens of the World."  She called me her homegirl.  I was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home