dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 22, 2018

hot chocolate

I'm making a pot of beans for lunch for the street medics training today.  And some quinoa, probably.  Ming made it easy for me by sorting and soaking the beans and chopping an onion.  I barely started cooking the beans and they already smell good.

Life feels pretty crazy right now.  Ming lists our stressors.  There are a good handful.

But I'll count some blessings.

1.  a pantry stocked with foods
2.  functioning car
3.  our health
4.  friendship
5.  tea

Last night at A's house we stopped by to drop something off and he made us hot chocolate.  He ground the cinnamon himself with a mortar and pestle.  I had never seen it done.  First he used the ridged end of the pestle then then smooth.

We listened to the radio.  I didn't need all those stories in my head.  I didn't need anything much new in my head.

A dog is freaking out a few houses down.  Gmorning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home