dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

coconut

Yesterday I was cooking when I noticed the flame went out.  The flame on my rice was out too.  We were out of propane.

It was bad timing, but Ming switched out tanks.  But I didn't know what to do about the rice, brown rice.  I brought it to a boil again and simmered it another half hour or so then let it sit for a long time.

The results were not good.  The rice had a weird texture.  It was slightly underdone yet kind of gummy.  But all of the water had been absorbed.

Last night A came over.  He was here till almost 1.  He had a coconut.  We drank the coconut water and ate some of the nut.  He also brought strawberries and oranges.  He read to me and I cried.  The book is emotional.

Yesterday when I went to the doctor for this cough I've had three months, she ordered a chest x-ray and allergy meds.  I will get them today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home