dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 04, 2019

double

Today I got some mangled mail returned in one of those passive aggressive "sorry we fucked up but we handle so much mail you should be thankful we don't fuck up more" envelopes.

The weird thing is that the "sorry" outer envelope is mangled too!  Lightning struck twice, or this particular missive is cursed.

Also, where's it been for two months?  Crisscrossing the country, flying around the world in a mail jet?  At the bottom of a bin?  In some sad limbo?

I'm cold and tired but kind of frustrated I didn't get done all the things I wanted to get done today.  Everything took three times longer than I thought it would.  We got stuck in a huge traffic jam on Sahara.  I ran out of spoons and stayed in the minivan while M did important stuff.

I have a coupon for a free frozen vegan pizza I'm supposed to review, and the website says Walmart is supposed to have it, but they don't.  Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Smiths don't have it either.  The coupon is turning into more trouble than the four dollars it's worth.

But I found out my friend's favorite cheese is swiss cheese, Tillamook.  Now I know what to give him for his birthday.

1 Comments:

  • At January 04, 2019 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,

    It’s early hours of the morning here.

    Yeah I wonder where that mail has been? I have sent you stuff before that hasn’t arrived.

    Hmmmm.

    L x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home