dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 02, 2019

Ming's zine fest report, some art around here, the view from the windows

Ming went to the San Francisco Zine Fest by himself, taking the BART and MUNI.  And a Lyft up the hill.

"Did you do a lot of trades?" I asked.

"No," he said.

"Is that because you didn't want to?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Is that because there were a bunch of stupid comix and photo zines that cost ten bucks?"

"Yeah," he said. 

He told me about zines that were previews of zines, that cost five bucks.  Zine announcement zines.  He did give some stuff away, which is good.  He was there quite a while.





Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I did what you would expect, pretty much.  I worked on a zine, emailed people, ate foods, danced around, planned, made lists, learned some things, lay in bed with my feet up, txted a bit.  Drank water.

Took some pictures too, of the art around here.




Finally, here's the view out the window.  It looks way prettier in real life.  Also, in this picture, some fog or clouds cover up one of those fancy bridges.


ps I thought of a new aphorism: If the cliche fits, wear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home