dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 26, 2019

asking the universe for squishy mats, officially middle aged, enoughness

Yesterday was momentous in two ways.

1.  I asked the universe for squishy mats.  There are these mats you can put in your kitchen and then when you stand there for a long time, it's not as painful for your feet or joints.

I love these mats.  Besides chores, I like to stand on them when I dance also.  I think it's better for my body.

Because of this permaculture course I'm doing, a while back, I listed ways I'd like my ideal home / homestead to be.  One of the ideas was that is has squishy mats.  So I'm slowly working on bringing some of those elements into the reality of our actual home, bit by bit.

2.  I was in the Worker pantry--I saw a packet of rice with veg and seasonings--I wondered, "Is that vegetarian?"  I went to read the ingredients, and I realized I couldn't.  They were printed really small, the light in there was dim, and I didn't have much time.

But right after that happened, I realized--I guess I need reading glasses.  I am now officially middle-aged.

Someone came over and interviewed Ming and our friend B about the radical mental health collective.  He does a podcast.  You know me--I don't usually talk to journalists.  But it's good that some people do.

pet peeves today

1.  when someone thinks they told me something and they never did, so they believe I know a thing I don't know, and it causes unhappiness
2.  so much effort to reduce trash making, carbon footprint, pollution, hurting people, unproductive behaviors
3.  running out of energy before I run out of hours in the day
4.  when I'm different from someone, mention the difference, and then they feel judged or curtailed
5.  lack of imagination causing pain

gratitude

1.  curtailed is a cool word
2.  fall is an amazing season
3.  being able to sleep (for a while I was too anxious)
4.  enough thread to bind zines with, enough food, enough stationery, enough love from Ming, enough clothes that fit, enough oxygen
5.  good times to look forward to

I wondered if you wanted to see my list of desired attributes for my ideal home / homestead.  But then I felt shy about it, like maybe it makes me vulnerable or I shouldn't blab it to the whole world.  Blab is a cool word too.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home