dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, May 05, 2020

happy summer

content warning: silly mention of disturbing surgery idea

This is the special day where Ming switches to shorts.  He unzipped his pants into shorts.

"Are you going to wash the leggy parts and fold them and put them on your shelf?" I asked.

"No, I think I'll keep the leggy parts in the pockets.  So then when I wash the pants, they'll fade at the same time," he said.

"Honey!" I said.  "First for all, they're nylon.  They're not going to fade.  Second of all, that's totally anal!  Who cares if they fade?"

"They're pants, so if it's anal..."  Ming pointed to his butt.

"They're supposed to cover your anus?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"True," I said.  "Hey, honey.  What if you tapeed them to your head like elephant ears?"

"Yeah, and then I could fan myself with them."

"Yeah, you could keep away the flies."  We imagined that, together. 

Then I continued, "Or what about this.  What if you pinned them into a long tube, and pinned that to your pants, and it was your tail.  Then people would see that, and say--nice tail!  And you could say--thank you.  I've always wanted a tail.  I hope when I was baby, I had a tail, and they cut it off.  So at least then I could have had a tail for a second."

"Yeah!" he said.

He looks very cute as his summer self.  His legs are gorgeous, and his hands are not so dry anymore--I guess because the season changed.  They're soft again.   He wears a thing on his head to keep the
small hairs from tickling him, a sensory need I'm all too familiar with.





My favorite Sri Sarada Devi quote is "One must pray sitting on the bank of the river. One will be taken across in proper time."  I was singing on the bank of this river in Sanskrit, thinking of this quote.  But it was funny because I didn't want to go across at all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home