dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 22, 2020

jai maa


My sweetie will do a street medic training.  We did a brief photoshoot so I could have a new pic for the facebook event.  The stress is bothering me--he says he's doing it so more street medics will be trained and can attend events, so then he doesn't have to. 

He wants to retire.  He wants a group of people running it, not just him, and then he can step back.  I'm pessimistic.   I said it will get bigger, but that doesn't mean he can step back.  He won't trust them, something about the money, or people will say they'll do stuff they don't do, and then he's just going to end up managing it all for a bigger group.

"Remember group projects, in school?  It'll be like that," I told him.  "One person does all the work, while the other people fling boogers across the room."

He fake-cried.  He knew I could be right.  In an ideal world, people step up.

A zine someone sent me from overseas, there's a picture on the front of hitchhikers--they have a sign that says UTOPIA.  I thought that was so cool.  I thought on the back of the sign could be DYSTOPIA--I could stand at an onramp and fly my UTOPIA sign.  All the possible things, humans can do--being a jerk is so high on the list, of what actually happens.


I made some garlic bread, but the smoke alarm went off, because some butter dripped onto the bottom of the oven and burned.  Now a friend is staying in the guest room, so if I set off the smoke alarm, it would bother another person, so I'm not going to risk it. 


In the ritual I did yesterday, I talked about the people who lived in this house before us, doing their work with so much love and good wishes for the world--helpfulness, trying. 

We have a joke about this house, that everyone lived here.  Our matriarch will be talking about someone we don't know, and will say, "They lived in the NDE house."

And I say, "Yeah, everyone lived in the NDE house."  I told Ming our house is the slut of houses.  I mean that in the best possible way.  I love sluts--sluts are my people.  I'm a trikeslut, after all.

I recorded two new songs, in the ritual.  Here's the better and shorter, Jai Maa.  Victory to the mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home