dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, March 06, 2006

1994


My local best friend in jr high and high school was Melly--brilliant, blond, and athletic. She played soccer, ran cross country and track, and played tennis one year. Mostly she was a runner.

I loved her and was devoted to her. Yet there was a lot of conflict too. I would neglect her badly, spending time with whoever I was in a relationship with. She was in AP and honors classes, while I was not. She was great at math, while I was not.

So this was my crew, in a way, but I was the part-time member who would come and go. Amanda and Tara mostly tollerated me, I would say. But senior year, all four of us were in journalism together. We ditched classes a lot together, Melly being the one with a car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home