dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, June 11, 2006

lazy Sunday

Feeling sad and like life is quite boring. It's SAT scoring that does it to me because every moment I could be working. It's like when I was a teacher and any moment should be grading papers: discontent.

We took a nap this afternoon without even deciding. One minute we were lying in bed talking--the next minute sleeping. That's because of sickness.

I wrote two letters today and finally decided which poems to send to Pleiades. What else did I do today? I couldn't even tell ya. Washed the dishes. Threw some stuff away. Fed Kitty a liver treat. Watched him meowing at a pretty bird on the railing this morning. Or was that yesterday?

He is so very much himself. He's so skinny and slinky. His fur is so soft like the softest fur coat. I remember the first time I ever saw him. I thought he was so beautiful and perfectly gray. I remember the first time I ever heard his cry. I laughed because it was so loud and emotional. He knew something was up and hid curled up on a chair at the diningroom table. And what's a house without a cat? Quiet.

This morning I was up early and saw the early light pinkish in the living room. It draws me. I scored while Erik slept in. I was starving but didn't want to wake him up making breakfast. I crunched an apple concerned my crunches were keeping him awake. It's the wettest, hardest apple I ever remember eating but a little too sweet for my tastes, an organic fuji from south america, and the stuipd sticker left a residue of adhesive I cut away.

2 Comments:

  • At June 12, 2006 10:57 AM, Blogger juniperbug said…

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. The funny little frog quote is from a Belle & Sebastian song of the same name. I spelled throat throw-at because that's how he sings it. I read your post and noticed a sentence that if taken out of context could be very interesting if one did not know what you were speaking of: "I scored while Erik slept in." Sorry. I just found that kind of funny.

     
  • At June 26, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger redbird said…

    Beautiful writing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home