dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

civic duties

The bad news is that we didn't vote. We were so busy we didn't do our research. Then this evening we napped, woke up at 7:53, and the polling place closed at 8. Oops.

The worse news is that I have jury duty tomorrow. Erik was there briefly to turn in an excuse months ago. "It's like the DMV in there," he said.

"No!!!!!!" I said.

"Are you going to tell them you think all right-handed people are innocent?" he asked.

"I won't lie. I won't lie. I won't lie," I said.

One time in Santa Barbara I was on a jury for a case. It was in the summer and kind of interesting, but the Santa Barbara courthouse is beautiful.

I have lots of letters to write back to and some zines to read. I think I'll be okay. But my not-driving is a difficulty because I will be stuck there until Erik is done with work, so if for example they release us early I could be stuck downtown for a long time.

2 Comments:

  • At June 07, 2006 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am one of those people who procrastinated and didn't have time to do research. But I decided to vote anyway. My co-worker was helping me, and it started coming down to "Well, do you know anything about either of them?" "No." "Well this guy's Asian American...I think I'll vote for him." "Okay, sounds good"

    So sad. Sigh.

     
  • At June 07, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    In the past I did something like this voting for women and the men who sounded Mexican. So I hear ya, R.

    I think with primaries being Green I wouldn't have had choices among people--it would have been the propositions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home