dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 18, 2006

scoring CBEST day 3: dragonfly time

Today work got out an hour early, which we knew beforehand. I paced myself. There was apple pie for afternoon snack, the kind with caramel sauce, but the sauce is thin and doesn't really contribute.

On morning walk, we saw the shed skin of a mantis. Then, a little ways longer on our walk, we saw a large mantis, yellow and alive but very still. It turned its head to look at Erik. That creeps us out in a happy way.

What else--dragonflies: the red ones, the small blue ones, and a larger blue and black one. I guess it's dragonfly time.

Ants got in M's salad, which she didn't like, and so she didn't eat it, though she's not a vegetarian.

There was ham and raisins in the potato salad, but I ate it anyway--my serving didn't have any ham at all, and I left the raisins on the plate. Someone argued with me in the lunch room that they were olives, but I could see their wrinkled surfaces, and my eyes are much better than the eyes of all those old people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home