dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, December 30, 2006

last Saturday of the year

It's a lot of adjustment, getting used to Erik being home. This morning we bundled up and took a walk down Professional Drive. I told him he should bring his camera everywhere and showed him shots he should take. I like to have a walking-buddy. But at home, he's sort of loud. And I have to think about his feelings all the time. It's hard work, raising a husband.

Choir practice was fine. I wrote a letter to my penpal in the Netherlands this afternoon. I wrote a postcard back to the gentleman I have a postcard friendship with--he's in Colorado. I paid bills while Erik read to me a 9 page letter I wrote to my dear A in Portland. And I got some zines in the mail, hip hop don't stop, all five issues. That was generous.

Erik filed for unemployment yesterday. That's his idea of form torture. But now I'm snacking on cheese and crackers--the crackers is some Wassa crispbread, and the cheese is some smooth and mild Monterey Jack my mom gave me as we were heading out the door Christmas afternoon. It's delicious, and Erik likes it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home